Areas at Danang International Airport have been referred to as a dioxin "hotspot" due to high dioxin concentrations in soil and lakebed sediment remaining at this site from the U.S.-Vietnam War. The U.S. Agency for International Development (USAID) and the Vietnamese Ministry of National Defense (MND) are jointly implementing the Environmental Remediation of Dioxin Contamination at Danang Airport Project which aims to clean up the dioxin contamination and reduce the risk of exposure to dioxin while developing Vietnamese capacity for implementing similar remediation activities at other sites in Vietnam.
See photos of site preparation in Danang.
Information provided on this website includes:
- Progress Reports for the Environmental Remediation Project at Danang Airport
- Project Timeline
- Remediation Status & Schedule
- Remediation Areas
- A Description of the Remediation Process
- How Health and Safety Concerns Have Been Addressed
- Frequently Asked Questions
- Community and Stakeholder Engagement
- Key Facts about the Environmental Remediation Project in Danang