When: Monday, April 19 at 10 a.m.
Where: The Vietnam Veterans Memorial, Constitution Ave. and 21st St. NW, Washington D.C. Parking along Constitution Ave. is permitted after 9:30 a.m.
"In memory of the men and women who served in the Vietnam War and later died as a result of their service. We honor and remember their sacrifice."
Who: Nearly 700 family members, friends and veterans are expected to attend this year's ceremony. Family members will read aloud the names of their loved ones being honored and will place tributes at the panel of The Wall that corresponds most closely to the honorees' dates of service. Throughout the ceremony, volunteers and friends will read the names of the 1,874 past honorees. The ceremony is open to the public.
- Brig. Gen. George Price, USA (Ret.), keynote speaker
- Richard C. Schneider, executive director for government affairs, NCOA, master of ceremonies
- Sen. Lisa Murkowski, (R-Alaska)
- Lynda Benedict, wife of 1998 honoree Christopher Benedict, pledge of allegiance
- Thomas Buckley, husband of 2009 honoree Lynda Van Devanter Buckley
- Staff Sgt. Robert Lupo Sr., USA (Ret.), reading the poem "Emotions."
- Terry E. Brown, supervisory park ranger, National Mall and Memorial Parks
In Memory Day Ceremony will honor 97 individuals who died as a result of the Vietnam War, but who do not meet the Department of Defense guidelines for inclusion on the Vietnam Veterans Memorial. For a list of 2010 In Memory honorees by state, click here. http://vvmf.org/534.cfm