Sunday, July 11, 2010
These are some of the things Sharity
Keith-Reichard wrote on an Agent
Orange Web page:
• I was 2 when they diagnosed me with
Alopecia Universalis (loss of scalp and
• I was 11 the first time someone tried to
pull off my wig.
• I was almost 16 when they told me
I would never have children and
that I would have to undergo either
a “procedure” for many months or
surgery to have a “normal” sex life. I
had never even had a date.
• I was 21 before I could even talk to a
therapist about the embarrassing thing
that was wrong with me.
• I was 34 when I found out my condition
actually had a name — Mullerian
• I am 39 and I am still sad sometimes
that I will never have a child.
READ MORE: http://vva.org/Committees/AgentOrange/SHARITY.pdf