Monday, August 27, 2012

Birth Defect Research for Children

http://www.birthdefects.org/

We are hoping to gain public support for the work we are doing on birth defects in the children of Vietnam, Gulf War veterans and those who have been exposed to similar exposures in the civilian environment.

We know that veterans’ families whose children have been affected are struggling financially and we aren’t asking them to give. But, they can help us get their story to the public. We have a fundraiser at www.indigogo.com/bdrc . The more activity there is on a fundraising page, the more likely it is to be featured on the front page where millions can see it. Just making comments, visiting the page frequently to look at updates and generally showing that this is a charitable cause that people are interested in will help us compete for a front page feature.

If you could share this with your list and just ask them to visit the site and make a comment, it would be a huge help.

With best regards,

Betty Mekdeci
Executive Director
Birth Defect Research for Children

3 comments:

  1. Why cant we find the illnesses that have been reported over the last 30 years from and for the Children of Vietnam Veterans to your org.?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I served with the Marines in I Corps near and around the DMZ. Many times we were patrolling when a truck spraying AO passed us without stopping the spray. I've lost most of the nerves in my left leg requiring a brace to walk and now down my right. That is classic AO exposure. I've been fighting the VA since 2008 when I was first told that AO exposure could cause that. The VA has "lost" my file three times and now I'm being told it is my responsibility to prove my exposure, not the military's to prove I wasn't. They want us to die and go away. I pity the folks from Bush/Obama's wars and their exposure to DU because they will get the same crap until they, too, die.

    ReplyDelete
  3. My apologies for publishing too fast. My son was born in 1989 with Asperger's, ADHD and psychotic hallucinations. If the VA ever acknowledges my exposure then I will apply for him, as well. Right now I'm told I have to have my claim approved before I can even begin a claim for him. Fact of the matter is that everyone that served in Nam was, in some way, exposed to this crap and should receive automatic approval, not a 4 year run around.

    ReplyDelete